Knowing a few winter survival secrets never hurt anyone. That’s why we’ve outlined tips in this article to help you when winter weather brings in snowstorms, freezing rain, snow pellets, graupel, and rime. These tips can also minimize winter problems, like having to keep the heat in check at home, blackouts, and frozen water pipes.
Winter Survival Methods | Keeping the Heat in Check
1. Preparing for the Cold Months
It is vital that people prepare for the different seasons of the year, most especially for winter. This article will show you what you need to prepare for your winter survival kit.
2. Winter Storm Guide
Preparing for the ordinary winter months is good. Preparing for a winter storm is even better. This guide will help you get through freezing rain, snow, or sleet. Learn more about the ultimate guide to a winter storm.
3. 5 Steps to Prepare Your Car for the Winter
We can’t stress enough that preparation is always key to surviving extreme weather conditions. These winter weather tips will show you how to get ready for a major blizzard:
- Put a winter supply box in your car.
- Check your engine coolant and antifreeze level.
- Check your tire pressure and tread depth.
- Use winter windshield wiper fluid.
- Switch to winter grade oil at your next oil change.
4. Learn How to Roll West Virginia Style
Are you tired of shoveling snow at home just to clear a path for you and your family? Well, this guy down South will show you how to do it in a jiffy. If the snow falling in your area is wet and sticky, you can say goodbye to those backbreaking lifting and scooping chores for good.
5. Cover the Gaps
There are several life hacks to help you make it through the cold without having to go through winter inconveniences.
- You can warm up your home faster by putting a frozen bag of vegetables on top of your thermostat.
- Place an electric blanket on top of the clothes you want to use for the day before taking a shower.
- Keep your house humid and retain the heat by not draining the hot water in your bathtub after a bath.
- Economize on your electric and heating expenses by covering the gaps under your doors with pipe insulation. This keeps cold drafts from entering the room.
- Give your wheels more traction during the winter by laying down kitty litter.
6. Tips on Survival for Your Homestead
This article will show you how to protect your livestock, chickens, and outdoor pets from freezing to death. There are also other methods to protect, or at least minimize, the damages to your gardens, farm equipment, and other parts of your property. These are winter survival tips for the homestead.
Do you need more ideas on how to keep yourself warm? To get the rest of the winter survival tips, visit Survival Life today.